Sunday, January 18, 2015

Turbonegro - Small Feces Volume 1 & 2

So I guess we'll keep the, ahem, anal theme going today... so to speak. The great Turbonegro formed in 1989. I always remember hearing the name but I never knew anything about them. Well, it was in 2003 that I saw they were coming to town so I found a couple songs online, liked them and said hey, let's go to the show. We could tell before the show that the fans were, shall we say, "noticeable". But it wasn't until we were inside and saw a pasty white overweight gentleman probably in his 30's wearing very short denim cut-offs, a sailor hat and a "wife-beater" half shirt on which was hand-written the word "NAMBLA" that we really got the full effect of the Turbonegro experience. A helluva good time! These guys are tasteless and offensive in all the right ways and I hope they never change a thing. This 2 disc collection was released in 2005 and contains tons of great stuff that at the time was previously unreleased or hard to find. Not to mention some really good cover tunes.

Vol. 1

Vol. 2

1 comment:

  1. I saw them at Punk Rock Bowling a few years ago. I had never heard there songs until a few weeks before I went. They put on a great show. Lots of denim vests in the audience that day.

    ReplyDelete