Sunday, May 11, 2014

Human Sufferage - Self-Titled + Thank You, Mother Dear

OK, we all have a lot of fun being obnoxious little jerks here, especially me. But today I'd like to do something a little different. Here in the states it is Mother's Day. Now, I know a large portion of the punk rock culture came from broken homes, or otherwise tough beginnings. That wasn't my story. Not to say I grew up in a lap of luxury by any means, but I was fortunate enough to have two parents that took good care of me and tried to ignore the horrible racket blasting from my room. My father is now gone and although my mom is still around she is in the throes of the horrible crime of nature - Alzheimer's. So today I'm going to repost, in her honor, one of the few releases I know of that takes on the topic of parenting in a positive light. Ohio's Human Sufferage and their 1984 release 'Thank You, Mother Dear'. Also for something new I've thrown up their first E.P. from 1983. And don't worry, I'll be an asshole again starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment