Monday, July 22, 2013

BCT Update

I've said it here before, and I'll say it again: I've Always Depended On The Kindness Of Strangers. About two weeks ago I posted the first BCT tape 'First Strike', along with a request for any and all others of their 27 tape catalog. Because you people are so effin awesome (I'm looking at you, Ash!) my 'Have' list went from 3 tapes to 17! That is great! Thank you all! And to update here are the 'Needs' still remaining on my list:

BCT #6 - Last White Christmas I
BCT #9 - Terveet Kädet: Knock-Out
BCT #14 - Tropical Viruses #1
BCT #15 - Tropical Viruses #2
BCT #17 - Raw Power: Live in the U.S.A.
BCT #20 - Injections Tape
BCT #21 - Kaaos Zine Presents
BCT #24 - Car Crash Music
BCT #26 - Barabbas Records
BCT #27 - Experience the Freedom of Total Control

 

3 comments:

  1. Any chance you could send me those BCT links....I do a hardcore show on stench radio.com and I wanna do an all BCT show

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can do that. Email me your info and what you're looking for and I'll do what I can

      Delete
  2. An all BCT show. Sounds great. We made it a point when we made them to only use the strong songs sent by bands. We'd been inspired by other comps that were already out like Raw War and learned from a few to just use the best songs. It's why I think most bct tapes still sound great musically decades later. There were a coupla exceptions, #9 TK and #23 Funeral Oration/Gepoppel both sent us tapes which we requested (which we only did like 3 times) and we felt we should release the full tapes they sent. I think it's odd every time someone says they like one of those 2 tapes. To my ears there's only a few minutes great on each one. Course, their other releases we think are amazing and that's why we asked them for tapes in the first place. Right now we're working on remastering all the tapes and posting them all somewhere on the internet for free. it's goin' at a one a month pace or slower. maybe i can help you with those BCT tapes you don't have. i used the same master tape so they wore down and i sent most to the remastering guy so i don't have much. veltved and social napalm both are selling all 27 tapes for the old $4 price we charged back in the day.

    ReplyDelete