Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And Then Came The Nineties.....

Happy New Year!
I trust all of you, like me, imbibed far too much last night and are feeling it today. Good for you!

As the calendar turns to 2013 we are going to turn our blog calendar to the 1990's. Many argue when, or even IF hardcore died. Certainly hardcore's 'heyday' was somewhere around '80-'85. But good music could still be found by the time the 90's rolled around. And I don't mean the stuff that from Seattle that changed the musical landscape entirely. Not that all of that stuff is bad, mind you. Just over-played. Or at the very least, overblown. I'm also not saying any of it will never find its way here. But this month I'm going to try to focus on the stuff that still remained radio-unfriendly. Is it 'hardcore', 'post-hardcore', 'punk', or something else entirely? Dunno. Don't care. I like it. So let's dig in, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment